Voters are being disenfranchised in record numbers in recent years, as tactics for voter suppression have proliferated. This primary the problem finally took the center stage. While widespread electoral dysfunction persists, laws aimed at suppressing voters are proliferating since Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act was gutted. Since then, 22 states have enacted laws making it harder for people to vote. Greg Palast estimates the number of disenfranchised voters will top 7 million this year.
Of course, some disenfranchisement is unintentional, as rules vary from state to state and are confusing. Of course, many poll workers are hard-working, dedicated people who care deeply, but there are a handful of partisan or incompetent people that are mucking things up. To add to the problem, a lot of the election equipment is old, crappy and prone to tampering. With everything coming to light, it’s time to demand changes that protect every American’s sacred right to vote. We must be vigilant.
We believe it’s time for a complete overhaul and a Constitutional Amendment to protect every American’s right to vote.
- Reduced Polling Places (Arizona, Rhode Island and beyond)
- Enacting Voter ID Laws (in-person voter fraud is less common than being hit by lightning)
- Voter Caging (purging voters from the rolls)
- Unverifiable Electronic Voting Machines with no paper trail
- Flipping People’s Party Affiliation (Check CanIVote.org)
- Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation (billboards, flyers)
- Partisan & Incompetent Election Officials
- Gutting Section 5 of The Voting Rights Act
- Computer Breach of Voting Records
- DEMAND TRANSPARENT ELECTIONS WITH PAPER BALLOTS
- DEMAND PUBLIC OVERSIGHT OF ELECTIONS
- MAKE ELECTION DAY A NATIONAL HOLIDAY
- DEMAND OPEN PRIMARIES SO THAT ALL VOICES ARE HEARD
- BRING AUTOMATIC VOTER REGISTRATION TO YOUR STATE! (like they have in Oregon, California, West Virginia and Vermont)
- ASK YOUR STATE TO REINSTATE THE VOTING RIGHTS OF EX-FELONS(Just like Maryland and Virginia just did)
- MAKE NOISE IF YOU SEE SOMETHING WRONG
- VIDEO THE VOTE
- JOIN ELECTION PROTECTION
- BE A POLL WORKER
- REPEAL H.A.V.A. (Help America Vote Act 2002)
- HOLD BIG MEDIA ACCOUNTABLE TO COVER WHAT IS HAPPENING
- PETITION FOR REDRESS – AFTER VOTING FIASCOS in Arizona, NY and beyond many citizens have pursued lawsuits and petitions to demand re-votes, full audits, asking for an investigation by the Department of Justice and firing incompetent elections officials.
- MAKE YOUR VOICE AND CONCERNS HEARD, HOWEVER YOU CAN!